6.19.2013

Community

Tomorrow I will update about the intentions I set out for last week.  Today I just wanted to take a minute a talk about community and the generosity of people. I recently found this facebook page for my area where gardeners and farmers can post stuff they want to sell or are looking for.  I posted about the school garden we are putting in where I teach, and there has been such a generous response.  I'm so grateful.  There had been soil, plants, and seeds donated by people who had no idea about our school and don't know me.  They just wanted to help.  It has been neat meeting them, and getting tips from seasoned gardeners (this short season gardening is new to me so I need all the help I can get!).  It just goes to show that if you put yourself out there a bit, there are good people who will help make things happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment